This site still work in progress !
Welcome to EnergyMix
Today energy transition is at the forefront of ecology. But this poses numerous questions:
- Can we live without nuclear power? What future does it have? Are we condemned to have to arbitrate between being afraid of global warming due to CO2 emissions and being afraid of another accident like Fukushima or Tchernobyl?
- Does energy transition mean negative gowth? What are the probable evolutions and scenarii in Europe and in the rest of the world?
- Are wind and photovoltaic energies, both of which are uncontrollable as well as unpredictable, compatible with the requirements of an electrical grid supplying an alternating current with a strictly regulated frequency of 50Hz?
- Does the combination of energy and Internet – the smart grids – announce a revolution? Will the future be decentralized or localized? Is the challenge situated at the European level or only in my village? What will the social impact be?
- Can hydrogen replace carbon?
These are questions and issues, technical as well as economic, that the public has to be aware of in order to be able to form a personal opinion instead of simply following the herd.